Who doesn’t love a good buffalo wing? Esepcially one that is meatless and DELICIOUS! This style of buffalo wing has a little twist to it because I added peaches! Yes, you read that correctly… peaches add a subtle falvor that is sweet and has a twist on your ordianry buffalo wing.
For this recipe, I mixed together almond milk, water, flour, paprika, onion powder, cumin, and garlic powder in order to make a coating on the wings for the sauce to mix. This is not really necessary if you would prefer to have mushier wings with just the sauce, which would be delicious, too! Feel free to just bake the head of cauliflower for 10-20 minutes, depending on how soft you like them, and adding the vegan butter, hot sauce, and peaches on top!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and twist of the sweet and spicy in the sauce!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orginal almond milk, or any dairy free milk
- 3/4 cup flour, I used all purpose but others can be used
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- I peach, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower into wing sized or bite sized flourets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the water, almond milk, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cumin. Once the batter is completely mixed- should be semi thick- then place a piece of parchment paper in a baking sheet. Start to dip or coat each of the cauliflower flourets and place of baking sheet, without touching.
- Bake for 25 minutes and flip halfway through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the vegan butter and hot sauce, topping with the chopped peaches. Heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, take them out of the oven and add to a mixing bowl. Add the sauce to the bowl and mix. Once coated, put the cauliflower back on the parchment paper and bake for 10 more minutes, flipping halfway through.