Vegan AND gluten free pesto pasta! What could be better?! This easy-to-make dish is perfect for dinner or leftovers! It is even delicious when cold.
This warm, comforting pasta is perfect for the upcoming summer! Bright and yummy is what it’s all about! With just a few ingredients, a delicious masterpiece can be made!
All vegan and gluten free options can be substittuted for dairy and plain pasta if preffered! I just used these ingredients for health and allergy purposes 🙂
Yield: 3 servings.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag gluten free pasta, I used penne
- A handful of spinach and kale mix, or whatever leafy greens you prefer
- A few fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bag vegan mozzarella shreds (I also mixed in a bit of vegan chedar but this is optional)
- A cup of steamed broccoli
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup or 1 cup of original almond milk, depending on how thick and creamy you want the sauce
- Green onion
- A dash or pink himalayan salt
- A few cherry tomatoes for taste!
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the gluten free pasta. I also like to add 1/2 tablespoon of vegan butter and salt in the water for extra flavor.
- Steam the broccoli any way you like; I chose to microwave it in a veggie microwavable bag for 3 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add vegan butter, cheese, and milk, stirring contantly. Once it starts to thicken, add the spinach and kale and stir until the green are wilted (pictured above).
- Once the sauce is preferably thick, turn off stove and bring sauce over to a blender. Add the basil in and blend on a low or medium setting, until the sauce it green and smooth. I used a Ninja on the normal medium blend setting for 20-30 seconds. Open the lid of the blender to let cool and for steam to escape.
- Once the pasta is completely ready, drain and add some to a bowl. Top it off with the pesto sauce and garnish with onions, tomatoes, and basil. Voila! Dinner is served 😉