Who knew that making a healthy version of lettuce cups could be so easy?! Using turkey meat is not only is this a healthier option, but it is also tasty and super easy to create!
The ingredients in these lettuce cups are totally exhcangeable and very accessible. I have put together just a few ingredients that are very delicious when all combined. The sauce is really what makes this recipe pop, but they are good by themselves as well! If you are not a fan of lettuce, you can just put the other ingredients in a bowl and add some rice and have a healthy comfort meal!
I hope you enjoy this very easy and delectable lunch or dinner recipe!
- A head of butter lettuce, or about 12 leaves
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, or as much as you would like
- 4 green onions
- Snap peas (optional)
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Add olive oil, garlic, and ginger to a large pan. Add the ground turkey and stir to crumble.
- While turkey is cooking, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop the green onions, mushrooms, and snap peas and add to the pan. Continue to stir the turkey, making sure to crumble into small pieces. Once fully cooked, add the some of the sauce to the pan and mix into the turkey mixture.
- Add the turkey mix to washed butter lettuce. Top it off with the yummy sauce and voila!
- Enjoy 🙂