Who doesn’t love a Mediterranean dish that is super quick and easy to make?! This refreshing couscous with lemon dressing is something you will be wanting every night! Only a few steps are required and you will have a delectable meal!
This dish is perfect for one time use, meal prepping, or even for left overs! The vegetables are substitutable and feta cheese, or any other ingredients you like, would be perfect for this!
- 2 cups couscous, can be bought from any grocery store in a dry package
- 1 medium/large cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion
- Chives or green onion for extra crunch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 of a large lemon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: crumbled feta cheese
- Boil water in a medium or large pot, following the instructions on the back of the couscous packaging. Place couscous in pot with a teaspoon of vegan butter or unsalted butter and and a pinch of salt.
- Cover the couscous, if your packaging tells you to do so, stirring it occasionally. Move onto chopping the veggies and making the dressing.
- Chop the cucumber, tomato, and onion and place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon, salt, and garlic powder. Add half or all of the dressing to the vegetables and mix all of the ingredients.
- If the couscous is soaked and ready, simply add the couscous to a plate, topped with the veggie mix! Add the dressing as well as salt and pepper and you are ready to devour this amazing meal!