This classic egg and avocado toast will give you an amazing kick-start to your day! With protein, grains, and healthy fats, this low-carb meal will leave you feeling full and healthy all morning! With just a few simple ingredients, this yummy breakfast will be done in no time!
yield for one person
- 1 egg, scrambled, poached, or over-easy (I chose over-easy)
- A piece of Ezekiel bread (or any other breads you prefer)
- 1/2 of a medium avocado
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter (I prefer Earth Balance)
- Salt and pepper (I used pink Himalayan salt and freshly cracked pepper)
- Place butter into a small/medium non-stick pan.
- Add slice of bread to toaster and crack the egg in the pan. Wait until the bread is done toasting and spread the avocado on top, chunky or smooth.
- Flip egg over and wait for about a minute. Add the egg to the toast
- Add the salt and pepper on top of egg.
- Pair with a seasonal fruit (I chose half of a pink grapefruit) and a large glass of water!